Monday, February 15, 2010

Eternal Family


I am heartbroken this morning, by the loss of my sweet neice. I have been pondering the blessings of the temple today. I took this picture last week. I am so moved by the symbolism of that day. It was pouring rain outside. It seemed to fit the mood. Life seemed as dreary as the day with my niece lying in a hospital bed not a block away. But I was taken aback by the beauty of the temple even surrounded by the gloomy winter day. A pillar of hope. "Hope sweetens the memory of experiences well loved. It tempers our troubles to our growth and our strength. It befriends us in dark hours, excites us in bright ones. It lends promise to the future and purpose to the past. It turns discouragement to determination." I am determined today to live up to the covenants I have made in this holy Temple. I'm so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. I have such a testimony of the plan of salvation. I know that through my Savior, I will be with my family eternally. I pray for the peace and comfort of that knowledge for all those without it!

6 comments:

Rach said...

Thanks for sharing Michelle. That is a beautiful picture of the temple. (You should print it and sell it, I would buy it on canvas. Actually, I want to buy that on canvas when I get a house.) Anyway, that quote was awesome. Thanks for your sweet testimony! You are such a good friends to have!

MM said...

I too am heartbroken about your niece - please take good care of her beautiful momma, my friend.

Nicki said...

I am so sorry to hear about your niece. That is a heartbreak. Thank you for sharing your testimony.

Mandy Riddle said...

Yes, thank you Michelle

Carly said...

It is so sad! I have prayed so much for this little girl and her family since the moment she was born. Thanks for sharing!

Stephanie said...

Wow, that was really good to hear right now, thank you. I am so sorry about your niece. You are such a sweet person and I am lucky to call you my friend. This picture is beautiful and I would like to invite you to spend a day in Vegas with me (bring your camera) and snap some pics of MY temple!