Wednesday, June 2, 2010

summer goodness

I LOVE summertime! I love gardening! Even though my weak garden consists of 3 items this year. (but that is for another blogging moment) anyway.... I get inspired to eat healthy, and enjoy a variety of fruits and veggies. This is what I got at the store for this week. top: Kiwii, Cantalope, pears, and a lemon. (I'm cooking salmon for dinner tonight, wish me luck!) Middle: apples, cilantro, and green onions. Bottom, red pepper, yellow onions, tomatoes, and oranges. Grand total including tax: $19.13. Which is why I'm SOOOOOO excited to start Bountiful Baskets next week! It is an organization that helps make it more affordable to have a variety of fruits and veggies. I have some great friends who are making it possible for Kanab to be a part of it! Big thanks to Kristy, and Staci for getting trained and volunteering! The baskets are $15 and have whatever fruits, and veggies are in season and available, so if you want to sign up to recieve these baskets, go to www.bountifulbaskets.org I'm so excited to compare and recieve produce that maybe I wouldn't normally try! Hooray!

1 comment:

Brant and Jana said...

You will love Bountiful Baskets it has been so fun and a big money saver for us!