Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Antique Crate???? No, but...
It is antique wood.  My great friend Staci tore down her old shed. (That was built by her husbands grandpa, I think) and since I was willing to help, they let me take what I wanted of the old barn wood! Be still my heart!
 Since today was the first day of my new life as a mom with all her kids in school, GASP, for the 2 1/2 hours that my baby is in preschool.  I decided to tackle my first barnwood project.  A crate.
 Simple enough... I cut my boards to length, then glued & air gun nailed the pieces together.
 Luckily for me... Grandpa Joe was a little bit of a hoarder, and had these AWESOME antique window pully's that I thought would make a terrific replacement for castors
 You need a closer look right??? I thought so!  Well my new screws look terrible! So....
 I pulled out some wood stain, and dabed at the screws with it, and it rustified them right up!
 I also snagged some OLD hardware supplies to be used for something cool somewhere.
 Now I thought it needed a place to have belonged, so I decided that this little baby should have come from the Steel City! (Just like my cute husband!) So, I cut a stencil out on the cricket, and spray painted it red. (The color of Heinz ketchup)
 Then peeled the stencil off, and.....
TADAAAAA!!! My first not really antique crate!

3 comments:

Staci said...

You really are very crafty...

Ruffles and Relics said...

nice job.. love it!!

Stephanie said...

This is super cute and very clever!!